Wednesday, January 23, 2008

quotes :]

before, my fear was being vulnerable. the ability of another human being to possibly tear apart your insides at any given moment was enough to keep me running. he, however, made my insides come alive. my smile become permanent, and laughter more frequent. he took away my fear and gave me hope. but more importantly, for the first time in my life, instead of wanting to run, he gave me every reason to stay.


And I remember that you were that one person
who could turn every frown into a smile in a
few simple words, that person who lifted my
head when I was losing faith in myself, that one
person who carried tears on her shoulders after
every fights, every breakup and every death.
That one person who always knew what I was
feeling by the look on my face, that one person
who accepted who I was when everyone else just
laughed in my face, that one person that
accepted every decision I made believing that
I'd make the right decisions, the one person who
knew who I really was, that one person that made
the biggest difference in my life; my best friend.


Isn't it strange the places on the map your heart can take you? And then you figure out sometimes it's okay to stay still for a while, you don't have to go everywhere all at once, you can see a boy & you can love him for a minute & maybe it's real & maybe it's not, but sometimes all you have to do is wave back & keep going


You can't waste time over missing something in the past. Life changes, people grow up and grow apart, and you accept that. Yet you can't stop thinking of how good it used to be. Afraid you'll never experience something like it again - afraid you've already lived it and already lost it.


to let go isn't to forget, not to think about it, or ignore. it doesn't leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. letting go isn't about winning or losing. it's not about pride,and its not about how you appear, and it's not about obsessing or dwelling on the past. letting go isn't blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn't leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. it's not about giving in or giving up. letting go isn't about loss and it's not about defeat. to let go is to cherish memories, to overcome and move on. it is having an open mind in confidence for the future. letting go is learning, experiencing, and growing. to let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. it's about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. letting go is growing up. it is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy. to let go is to open a door, to clear a path and let yourself free.


You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, Prince Charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.


No comments: