Monday, January 24, 2011

breakaway


I don’t know what happened.
How we all became so fragile, so incredibly breakable.
I don’t know why my tears can fall so easily - yet every single one feels like I’m failing at this facade of being happy, ‘fine’, and alive.
I don’t understand how missing someone can quietly kill you & how an unrequited love, just robs you of this sense of hope we all should have.
I can’t comprehend how everyone thinks I’m so strong, and brave, when all I feel is weak and scared.
I don’t know when this happened, when life became like this.
Because looking back - it’s always been this way.

The words between us were silenced weeks ago.
Isn't it strange how that happens?
You can really care about someone unconditionally, put all of yourself into a friendship that leaves you bruised and raw, yet you persisted and stay for a long time until one day, it is gone.
We didn't last forever and we won’t ever stumble into one another again.
But we gave an undeniable effort.
A painstaking lesson in what it means to give someone everything and expect nothing in return.

No comments: